Transition/fade issue

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Boslok

Transition/fade issue

Post by Boslok »

Hi! I've had a problem while rendering with neat video. Some transitions between events seem to "repeat" a frame in some point of the transition. This didn't happen in all of them, but I'll leave you the video and the moments where this occured:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wAiHgQ1EU

minutes:
2:20 - 2:30 - 2:40 - 2:52 - 4:01 - 4:03 - 4:07

Also some fast fades didn't renderd smoothly, which I think wouldn't happen without neatvideo. I mean the one's bteween 1:30 and 1:40.
Any suggestions will be trully appreciated!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Unfortunately the link doesn't give a single video but many.

In any case, could you please send a small test project demonstrating the problem to support [at] neatvideo.com? We will render it, reproduce the issue, check what is causing it and try to suggest a solution.

Thank you,
Vlad
Boslok

Post by Boslok »

Are you sure? the video is called "Cultura Cercana - "Bosch" (Febrero 2010) ". I tried opening the link and it works fine.
Is there any other way to show it to you? unluckily I uninstalled vegas premiere studio and installed pro 9, so the project itslef is lost for me to give you a sample to render (Or at least that's what I understood you were asking for).
This was the last project I've made in vegas premiere using .TOD files with a borrowed camera. Tomorrow I'll be receiving a Canon 550D to work with (which records to H.264 in a .mov file) and editing in vegas 9 pro, so maybe this issue won't happen again, but I wanted to discard any possibilty as it would be frustrating to render a whole new project and encountering this situation again.
If there is nothing to do to analyze the issue now, I guess I'll have to wait for it to happen again (hope not...) and then ask you one more time.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, I double-checked, the page says:
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
I meant to create a new simple test project with 1-2 short (1-2 seconds) clips, just for testing purposes. If the issue is directly reproducable in such a test project, then I would be able to reproduce it using your test project on our test computers. Once it is reproducable, we can find out the cause.

Vlad