Issues with Speed

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Drywater

Issues with Speed

Post by Drywater »

A few questions:

Maybe I am just imagining it but it seemed like the trial I was using went much faster... Did it?

My system is having a real hard time keeping up to speed with me. It crashes pretty consistenly when trying to render. I am using Premiere Pro and am trying to clean up some low light footage.

Are there certain settings that specifically affect the rendering time? The quality of the preview is outstanding so if there is anything I can change in the settings to lower the quality but speed the render I may need to try that.

Rendering takes about an hour for 1 minute of footage... I have 30 mins of video.

Any ideas?

Stephen
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The Demo could work faster because it filtered only part of each frame while the Pro plug-in has to filter everything.

To speed up processing you could disable the "High quality option", set some of the noise reduction amounts to 0%, reduce temporal filter radius. Most of these changes would usually decrease filtration quality so you have to check the output.

I could try to assess the processing speed you get on your computer.Please let me know the exact frame size of your footage, type and speed of the CPU in your computer, and also please describe the filter settings you use (processing speed depends on filter settings). I will then check whether ~30*60/~3600 = 0.5 fps is adequate speed for your computer and filter settings.

Also, if you experience any crashes caused by NV please submit a bug report and we will try to help.

Thank you,
Vlad
Drywater

Post by Drywater »

Thankyou for the suggestions. I tried disabling High Quality and High Res and it seemed to speed a little better but still pushing about 20 minutes render to 1 minute video.

The frame size is 720 x 480 Interlaced NTSC.
Intel P4 2GHz, 1.25GB DDR Ram
XP Professional w/ SP2
Image See attached image for settings.
Temporal radius= 1
Threshhold = 100
Adaptive Filtration = 0

Thank you very much,
Stephen
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for more details on your setup.

It seems to be a bit old processor - P4 2GHz. Still, I would say it provides an adequate speed: ~30*60/~1200 = ~ 1.5 fps. With a more recent processor, say PentiumD or Core Duo, you could get 3+ fps in the same setup.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Drywater

Post by Drywater »

Well I'm hoping to be building a new system this weekend... maybe in my spair time as it renders :D

One last question. Why is my frame (in the provided picture) so squished? It seems to render fine but it makes it strange to preview while tweaking.

Thanks
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Because it is an interlaced video clip. Neat Video is given interlaced ("squished") frames by Premiere when you build a profile and also when you render the clip.

Vlad