Where do you install NV

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
icarius

Where do you install NV

Post by icarius »

Greetings!

So, I feel like such a Newb, but can't figure out where to install for Final Cut Pro. I've got it in for AE which works fine. However, I've tried putting it in the FCP Plugins folder and nothing shows up. Yes, I've restarted FCP several times but still don't see it installed anywhere. It defaults to Applications but I know that's not right. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Matty
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

NV for AE will only work in AE itself. FCP is not compatible with modern AE plug-ins, so it is necessary to use a dedicated FCP plug-in. We have such an FCP plug-in, please use it.

Thank you,
Vlad
icarius

Post by icarius »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm aware of the FCP plugin that is specifically for FCP. I have been trying to install that one. I'm still not sure where to install it. Sorry, I must not have been clear in my previous post. I'm trying to install the NV Plugin for FCP. Where does it go? :)
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The installer should automatically place the plug-in to the correct folder (/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/). If you use the version of FCP that is compatible with this plug-in (version 6 or 7) then FCP should automatically find the plug-in there. Older versions of FCP will not be able to use the plug-in.

Vlad
icarius

Post by icarius »

I'm using Vers 6 of FCP. Sorry, no joy.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

When you ran the installer, did it give any error messages? What can you see in /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/ now?

Thank you,
Vlad
icarius

Post by icarius »

No, no errors whatsoever. But, where specifically to install to is what I need to know. I've tried the Library/Plug-ins/FXPlug but what should be in there. Just the NeatVideo.fxplug or the folder that has Presets?
icarius

Post by icarius »

All I see in the FXPlug is Neat Video for Final Cut
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I am not sure you see the right thing. Could you make a screenshot of that folder please?

Vlad
icarius

Post by icarius »

Sure, how do I send/insert it here? [/img]
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please send it by e-mail to support.

Thank you,
Vlad
icarius

Post by icarius »

NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Well, this is not right. It is not plug-in, it is a folder with content that is not shown in the screenshot.

Please describe what you did to install the plug-in.

Thank you,
Vlad
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Also, the screenshot shows the folder inside your home folder (/Users/<username>/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/). The folder I specified is in the root of the harddrive: /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/

Vlad
icarius

Post by icarius »

Sorry, have to go to work but we can pick this up later tonight or tomorrow. I apologize for being such a pain in the @ss :D
The good news is, if we can get this to work in FCP, I'm buying it!