field vs frame

general questions about Neat Video
ral1375

field vs frame

Post by ral1375 »

Generally I am very pleased with the results, but is there any way to show a complete frame as opposed to a single field?...Maybe I am missing something, but on interlaced footage, the plug-in window is distorted because you are showing a 720x240 window...not a 720x480 window....I don't easily see any way to switch it
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

This is how the host application renders video data. When it renders individual fields instead of full frames, Neat Video also receives only one field and has to work with it as is.

If we would somehow show a frame instead of field (if the host application renders individual fields) then the resulting noise profile and therefore overall filtration would be inaccurate. Therefore, it is necessary to show the video data (whether field or frame) as it is, in order to ensure correct processing.

Showing 720x480 frame instead of 720x240 actualy given to Neat Video by the host application could look better in the viewer but would produce inaccurate filtration results. I am sure you agree that accurate filtration is most important.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
ral1375

Post by ral1375 »

Well, it's just hard to judge the results when you are seeing a squished image. And of course, there is no updating of the clip while you are in the plug-in box...so as a suggestion for a future update, I would suggest having the ability to view a full filtered frame, with the caveat that to do any tweaking requires using the field image.