NEAT VIDEO CRASHING FCP

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
matt_asimpson

NEAT VIDEO CRASHING FCP

Post by matt_asimpson »

HI team,

i discovered neat video a couple of weeks ago and bought the pro version, after testing it on a few clips,

ive edited a short, that has neat video on about 30 peercent of the footage, im getting issues with running out of memory pretty much any way i try to export direct from the timeline, my audio is 24bit at 96khz as well which probably doesnt help.

now ive exported all of the video with prores hq filter (project is 1440 by 1080 25p) without the audio, then tryed to combine this quicktime with the audio file and re render, again with prores, this works, but i get crappy banding in all my soft gradient areas, this comes from the double encoding i assume.

i need a clean looking dvd version with the full mastered audio, and dont want the banding, so ive gone back to trying to export from the original timeline, it also crashes my compressor.

i read on another thread about making neat video use less memory, is this still true for fcp? do i need to do it for each clip, or just one for the time line,

please help as im running out of time!!
for reference my machine is the current top of the line imac
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

First of all, please download and install the latest version of Neat Video plug-in for Final Cut (v2.55). Use the original license and download instruction for that. The latest version improves memory management and should better cope with low-memory (in fact limitations of the 32-bit FCP rather than low-memory hardware config) situations.

Regarding banding, try to switch from YUV to RGB rendering for a test, you will probably find much less banding. Some built-in functions in FCP are known to produce more banding in YUV mode.

Thank you,
Vlad
matt_asimpson

Post by matt_asimpson »

thanks for a fast reply vlad,
ill try those things out hen i get in, if i switch off my final cut, and then intall the plugin, will this unrender all of my footage on the timeline, or does it just change the way NV tries to encode, i was planning to change my memory cache down to about 65 percent for final cut, and to switch off the optimise for duel processing even though my machine has duel processing, is this still good advise

many thanks, also despite the pain its caused me in outputting my files i must say that your product is amazing, and has done wonders for my footage.
matt_asimpson

Post by matt_asimpson »

also, excuse my ignorance, but im not sure where i should change my color settings from yuv to rgb, any further advise would be great.

thanks

Matt
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Lets try to apply changes one by one and see if that helps. The first one will be an updated plug-in. Then please adjust the rendering settings in FCP itself, in the preferences of your current project. FCP offers 4 options there, select the first one.

Thank you,
Vlad