Dark Video

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Mary Lou

Dark Video

Post by Mary Lou »

I use Premier Elements 7 and am trying to edit some very dark video. I have successfully used the Neat Video to lighten dark video and it has worked very well. However, this video is extra dark and the presets in Neat Video are not lightening this segment enough. I am afraid to mess with the settings without some advice. I will appreciate any input I can get.

Mary Lou
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Could you clarify how do you use Neat Video to lighten dark video since this is not function of Neat Video (it only affects noise but not overall brightness or color of video data)? Once I understand how you use Neat Video I will try to suggest something.

Thank you,
Vlad
Mary Lou

Post by Mary Lou »

I use the default settings. Perhaps the program was not lightening my video but enhancing it so that it looked lighter to me. I do not understand how to use the adjustments in the program. What do they do? When I go into edit effects and click on the enhance video button slider adjustments come up, but I don't know how to use them. I purchased NeatVideo Pro.

Mary Lou
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

There is no enhance video button in Neat Video... Perhaps you clicked one of the Premiere Elements' own buttons? Could you describe all your actions, step by step, starting from clicking the edit effects button in Premiere Elements. Like this:
1. I click the Edit Effects button and see the following effects: ...
2. I click ... and see ...
3. ...

If possible please make screenshots or make digital photos to illustrate what you see in each step. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thank you,
Vlad
Mary Lou

Post by Mary Lou »

Sorry I used the wrong words. I should have said when I click on the reduce noise there are sliders at that point. I do not know how to use those sliders to lighten my video, but since you said the program does not lighten video, I guess the question is not indicitive of the programs capabilities.

Thanks for trying to help.

Mary Lou
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I guess you may want to use some of the filters built-in in Premiere Elements to lighten the video. For example, "Image Control" or "Brightness & Contrast". You can search them up using the small search tool in the Effects panel.

Hope this helps,
Vlad