NV footage brighter after render

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Leonard

NV footage brighter after render

Post by Leonard »

I am working in Final Cut Pro 6.04 trying to repair footage shot in HDV with a 35mm adapter that had the motor turned off so there is a great deal of static grain that is virtually all luminance noise. i'm using a timeline that is mainly HDV but renders in "Pro Res 422.)

I am enormously impressed by what the FCP Neat Video plug in is able to do with this stiff and don't think any other software could come close.

I have one problem though that is a major pain. My rendered footage is coming out substantially brighter than what I see in the timeline when I am doing the color correcting along with the Neat Vid adjustments.

In my case I am also masking my footage to use more Neat Vid on the sky and less on the talent's face. So I am combining 3 levels of video with a luminance key . The result is a substantial brightness increase as I have Neat applied to 3 video levels on one shot.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

First of all, the latest version of FCP is 6.0.5, with a fix for ProRes codecs. Please update your copy of FCP, this may already make some difference.

Regarding the problem you have described, it is difficult to tell without seeing the specific project. Could you e-mail us a small sample project illustrating this issue? We will render and compare the results with the timeline preview.

Thank you,
Vlad