Neat video in Virtualdub

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Coby

Neat video in Virtualdub

Post by Coby »

I've just installed the VDub Pro version onto a dual-boot (XP Pro x32, and X64). Quadcore with 4GB RAM.

Trying to apply the filter to 1280x720 progressive footage - the render runs OK for about 5mins worth of footage, but on longer clips the machine will then lock up and has to be powered down to reboot. Seems suspiciously like a memory problem - same behaviour under both OSs, same behavior with various different input clips.

Kinda disappointed - any workarounds anyone can suggest? Thanks in advance.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Sounds like a hardware problem caused by overheating of the CPU or memory chips. Do you get any error messages or the whole system just freezes without any comments?

Vlad
Coby

Post by Coby »

Good suggestion - thanks! I will try underclocking, with the case open, and see if that affects things. I will report back.
Coby

Post by Coby »

Well ... slight underclocking and running with the side of the case off *seems* to have resolved the problem.

I'm suspecting it's a problem with the RAM chips, because I've been keeping an eye on CPU temps and they stay within a similar range to what I see with other intensive video apps. Anyway, thanks for the help!
dum

Post by dum »

I have exactly the same problem (http://www.neatvideo.com/nvforum/viewtopic.php?t=340), but the temperature of CPU is normal in my case. Does it still *seems* to you that you solved the problem in your case by underclocking? Can you, please, tell, what CPU do you use?
Coby

Post by Coby »

I'm using a Quad core Q6600.

I still get teh problem occasionally, but pulling the door off the computer to let more cool air in seems to reduce how often it happens.
dum

Post by dum »

Thanks
dum

Post by dum »

Can I apply for your consultation one more time? How much have you downclocked you CPU? have you changed only frequency? From what value to what value? You have'n changed the multiplicator?