Neat Video community Forum Index
www.neatvideo.com
Neat Video community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neat video in Virtualdub

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Neat video in Virtualdub Reply with quote

I've just installed the VDub Pro version onto a dual-boot (XP Pro x32, and X64). Quadcore with 4GB RAM.

Trying to apply the filter to 1280x720 progressive footage - the render runs OK for about 5mins worth of footage, but on longer clips the machine will then lock up and has to be powered down to reboot. Seems suspiciously like a memory problem - same behaviour under both OSs, same behavior with various different input clips.

Kinda disappointed - any workarounds anyone can suggest? Thanks in advance.
NVTeam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a hardware problem caused by overheating of the CPU or memory chips. Do you get any error messages or the whole system just freezes without any comments?

Vlad
Coby

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion - thanks! I will try underclocking, with the case open, and see if that affects things. I will report back.
Coby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... slight underclocking and running with the side of the case off *seems* to have resolved the problem.

I'm suspecting it's a problem with the RAM chips, because I've been keeping an eye on CPU temps and they stay within a similar range to what I see with other intensive video apps. Anyway, thanks for the help!
dum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem (http://www.neatvideo.com/nvforum/viewtopic.php?t=340), but the temperature of CPU is normal in my case. Does it still *seems* to you that you solved the problem in your case by underclocking? Can you, please, tell, what CPU do you use?
Coby

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Quad core Q6600.

I still get teh problem occasionally, but pulling the door off the computer to let more cool air in seems to reduce how often it happens.
dum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
dum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I apply for your consultation one more time? How much have you downclocked you CPU? have you changed only frequency? From what value to what value? You have'n changed the multiplicator?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Video community Forum Index -> Bugs, issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: