Neat Video buzzes the PC

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
dum

Neat Video buzzes the PC

Post by dum »

Hi! I'm using several PCs for video production. Neat video is installed on two of them as both a plug-in for Vegas and for VirtualDub. The fact is that on one of them (on laptop) it is working perfectly and on another (the most powerful PC in my system) it makes the PC frozen after 2-15 minutes on computations. I wonder, what can be the reason for this, what can make NeatVideo to buzz the system? And how can I help it? It doesn't work with both - Vegas and VirtualDub, so I think that there is a kind of fundamental problem in the computational kernel. Any suggestions?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I guess the freeze is caused by overheating of the CPU or memory. Please check the temperature during rendering.

Thank you,
Vlad
dum

Post by dum »

I also thought so, but this is not true. I made this PC is exactly for heavy rendering. I tested the Core temperature - it is around 60 as usual, when PC is computing. I see at the log file that it was 63, when the computer gets frozen. How I can measure the temperature of memory?

Actually, PC works ok, when rendering using Eyeon Fusion or AfterEffects, or when using AviSynth. Even when temperature gets to 75 it still works ok. So, I think the problem is not in the overheating. How can we learn, where the problem is?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You can replace the computer with another one and try to reproduce the freeze. Or replace parts of your current computer and/or change its operational parameters (like cpu, ram, fsb frequency) and see when freezes stop.

Vlad
dum

Post by dum »

On the completely different PC Neat Video works ok - the problem I faced only on the exact one. I'll try to locate the problem, but haven't you received the reports like mine? May be you already know that, for example, the are problems, when running Neat Video on AMD X2 or on Kingston memory. Do not you have any kind of such experience? Understand me right, I like you software very much, but are you sure the problem is in hardware, not in the Neat Video itself? If you do - I'll try to figure out, where is the problem. Frankly speaking, replacing of the parts is quite problematic for me, because of time, needed for this. But I need Neat Video working on that PC very much.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We haven't received hardware-specific reports for quite a long time. The most common cause of hard-freezes with Neat Video as reported by our users is overheating or overclocking in general. So, I would look into that direction in the first place. I do not think the problem is related to X2 or Kingston. It is in principle possible but we haven't received reports of freezes that would lead us to such a conclusion so far.

Vlad
dum

Post by dum »

That looks very strange for me, I cannot observe the overheating, but changes of frequency multiplier by 0,5 *seems* to solve the problem. I have not even changed the bus frequency itself... mysterious thing...
Lugarimo

Post by Lugarimo »

dum, you could also try leaving the case open (if you have a home computer and not laptop.) I do it during the summer and it stays really cool. Additionally, during winter if the computer is too cold and won't start up, I open the case in a warmer room to let it warm up faster. It will catch a lot of dust though, so better vacuum frequently.