Batch processing with Virtualdub and Neat Video

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Springboard

Batch processing with Virtualdub and Neat Video

Post by Springboard »

I want to batch process about 6 long clips with Neat Video in Vdub. I've specified two folders for the profiles and filter settings, and I've auto anaylyzed each clip and saved each profile and setting as a different name in the two folders. I then open the clip in Vdub, add the Neat Video filter, load the corresponding profile and filter setting, and save to AVI, checking to add to batch instead of run now. After I've finished with all of the clips, I go to the job control to start the batch. But Neat Video gives me an error message something along the lines that it's looking for the preset in recent presets and can't find it on the hard drive. What am I doing incorrectly? I specified the folders in options.

This is all being run off of an external hard drive. Would that make a difference? Is there a way to set up batch processing in Neat Video that I'm missing?
Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Have you saved the noise profile and filter preset to the disk in each instance of Neat Video? Please try that, it should fix the problem.

Thank you,
Vlad
Springboard

Post by Springboard »

Yes, I've saved both for each clip. I have six clips, and a resulting six profiles.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

and six presets then.

Which version of NV is it? Is it Demo edition?

Vlad
Springboard

Post by Springboard »

Yes, it's the demo version. Is batch rendering disabled? Will I be able to do it once I purchase? Does the home version have it, or only the pro version?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

That functionality is present in Home and Pro editions, but not in Demo.

Vlad