720 x288 or 720 x 576 ?

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Egelie

720 x288 or 720 x 576 ?

Post by Egelie »

Somewhere on this forum i read, that for using a full frame of 720 x 576, that I have to change settings, of my prgr.
I use Adobe premiere elements 7.0, but can not find the item which i have to change.
the strange thing is, ( i am testing NV to day) i used material who has no interlace. ( investigated with Gspot 7.20) and placed it on the timeline.
In testings with NV i got always 720 x 288.
Who knows how to change PRE 7.0 to get the full 720 x576?
But is that not strange ?
On the moment that i make a DVD and the prgr got rendering for that, it also has to use the mode of interlacing. On the same moment of rendering to DVD, NV is also active and do use 720 x 288, I think!

Frits Egelie
NVTeam

Re: 720 x288 or 720 x 576 ?

Post by NVTeam »

Egelie wrote:In testings with NV i got always 720 x 288.
Who knows how to change PRE 7.0 to get the full 720 x 576?
But is that not strange ?
No, this is normal for interlaced projects and clips. As far as I know, most or all projects in Premiere Elements are interlaced so it works with individual fields: 720 x 288 (upper) and 720 x 288 (lower). It shows you preview with two fields combined but rendering itself is done using individual fields. That's why NV shows 720 x 288 - it is one field from the video data. This is normal and there is no need to change anything, it will work very well this way, without any changes.

Vlad
Last edited by NVTeam on Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egelie

Post by Egelie »

Vlad,

the strange thing is , that just before i wrote this message, i was experimenting with the frame hold options.
Inside these options there was a option to set it on de-interlace.
so i did and jumped to reduce noise. Nothing changed.
The second profile frame is not ready in the status line.
So, i did unlock the de-interlace option and jumped again to Reduce noise.
I was astonished , there was a whole frame of 720 x 576.
So it is possible.
But , i am disappointed, that what i did afterwards, i could not repeat it.
So, there is a possibility to temporarily shut of the interlace mode of PRE 7.0.
Reading the manual about interlacing told me , that if you capture progressive footage with PRE 7.0 it is captured in interlace mode.
So the settings of PRE7.0 are always interlace.
But, there must be a temporary method to shut of the interlace.
Besides the test material was of nature not interlaced.

Frits
P.s. i have NV for a long time, but till now, i used always in the standard mode , and i am now interesting the details of NV.
Egelie

Post by Egelie »

Vlad,
reading the manual of PRE 7.0 , it is now clear to me that, if it should work what i wrote before, then the frame is interpolated or doubled.
So, if it worked, i do nog get the noise in the second frame, on a right way.
So, i give it up and stay working wit h720 x 288!

Frits