AE support for MAC

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
jjneff

Post by jjneff »

I am a AE cs3 Mac user and please make this for the Mac Thanks
rotlex

Post by rotlex »

Just wanted to add a vote and severe interest in a Final Cut version. Been a Neat Image user for a very long time now, and would LOVE to be able to use this on a Mac.

Any new word on availability yet?

Thanks!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Not yet, but we are working in this direction.

Vlad
anthemfx

Apple FxPlug Products would be the best !

Post by anthemfx »

That way it should work with all their pro apps including Final Cut / Motion soon Color and probably the New Shake when it become available.

thanks.

Put my vote in !
DCP

Can't wait for MAC version too!

Post by DCP »

I've thought about buying the Pro version for Windows but it seems the work flow is too much. I'm about to finish a feature film shot with the HVX200 (and Letus Extreme) and really want to clean up the noise. I also own DE:Noise as well as CHV-Plugins (repair collection) but it seems that Neatvideo will beat these hands-down (I've had issues with strange artifacts with these other plugs; I have gotten OK results but I really want to clean up the 'mess' (the HVX is know for it's noise; excellent picture, but noisy none-the-less).

If I really knew of an easy way to work with the Windows version I'd give it a shot. Right now I use Raylight to convert the MFX files to give it a .mov extension (these of course would not be read by a windows based machine). I also don't want to try to do a quicktime conversion to convert to mpeg or AVI. I guess I could try to use the Windows based Raylight to convert for the Windows machine, but I'm not sure if they would be read or understood by my Mac (I have the latest MacPro). And this would also require me to purchase additional software (I'd much rather just spend more for the Mac version of NeatVideo... :)

Hopefully the target date of 2Q 2008 is still on track. I hope to have my film in it's final edit by August.

If anyone is in a similar situation and has found a Windows work-around, let me know. I definitely feel that Neatvideo will help to really clean up my footage (of course we lit our sets properly, but the HVX is still a bit noisy).

Looking forward to any comments.

All the best.

Todd
Drawing Chalk Pictures LLC
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I guess it makes sense to wait a little. We currently work on a version of NV for AE /Mac. I think it will be ready in Q2 so you will be able to complete your project before August. I hope everything go as planned on our side.

Please note that you will need AE to use NV for AE. It is possible that other "AE-compatible" hosts will not be directly compatible with NV for AE.

Kind regards,
Vlad
DCP

Post by DCP »

Ahhh,

So Final Cut Studio may not work, huh? Guess I'll have to buy AE then (of course a Final Cut Pro plugin would be fantastic, but I'd even be happy with any Mac version).

Also good to hear that the plug could be available in time for me to finish up the feature.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Todd
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

It is possible that FCP and AE are not fully compatible in terms of plug-in support. That will become clear when the AE version is ready.

Vlad
DCP

Post by DCP »

Thanks Vlad,

I look forward to NV!

Todd
scottbrickert

another vote for FCP/AE/Mac

Post by scottbrickert »

Hi Vlad,
I've used Neat Video in Vegas with pleasing results. Now I'm working on the Mac, so here's another vote for porting to FCP or Motion.

thanks for the great tool

Scott
sandsage

Post by sandsage »

Vlad, I have purchased Neat video for ppcs4 and had problems, I am now switching my entire operation to FCP and mac. We need you!

Also will it be possible to switch versions without paying again?

Thanks

Chad Nickle
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The work is under way. I hope first results will become available soon enough.

Regarding shifting from one host to another (on another platform), this usually involves a small fee, and in case you want to keep the first version too, you can purchase the additional version with a significant discount.

In any case, it makes little sense to divide the bear skin yet. Lets complete the development first. We currently do internal testing of NV for Mac and prepare the documentation, installers, etc. I will publish news here when we will have the first version ready for either public testing or purchase.

Thank you,
Vlad
rbilsbor

Post by rbilsbor »

This thread is now officially two years old, and still no Mac support!

I purchased the PC plugin 1.5 years ago with the understanding there would be a Mac version soon. I hope the work is going well...
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, it is going well. The Mac version is almost ready, we are preparing the upcoming release.

Vlad