Problem w/ Edit Neat Video Noise Reduction Settings Pinnacle

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
bmwtaw

Problem w/ Edit Neat Video Noise Reduction Settings Pinnacle

Post by bmwtaw »

I am using Neat Video in Pinnacle Studio 11 and it started to work, but now is not letting me apply it to the rest of the clips. I can not apply it to the entire project b/c we have transitions in between each section plus only certain sections need to have Neat Video applied. I open up my project and then it allows me to add video effects - so I add Neat video then I edit the settings and configure. It applies it to the clip that I have highlited. Then I go to the next clip and apply neat video to the the clip but it does not let me edit neat video settings this time. It just does nothing. Yesterday when I was trying it was giving me an abort error and would kick me out. The only way I can apply it to the next clip is to open studio again.. then it does not let me do it with the one after once again. Help!!
I have neat video 2 installed and it is still doing it. Also I had the memory block error last night and had to manually shut down. It is not giving me that today.

Thank you
Tracie
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Before doing anything else, please make sure you use the latest version of Neat Video. Use the original download instruction to install the latest version.

If you still cannot add NV to the next clip, please prepare a small sample project that allows to reproduce the same result if I open this project in my copy of Pinnacle Studio 11. I will do that, will check what is causing the problem and suggest a solution.

Thank you,
Vlad
bmwtaw

Post by bmwtaw »

I already downloaded the latest version and it is still doing it.
How do I attach the file?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please send it to support at neatvideo.com by e-mail.

Thank you,
Vlad
bmwtaw

Post by bmwtaw »

I did a sample clip but it will not let me attach it in email. Do you want it saved as an avi file?

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly. When I go into each clip and apply Neat Video, should I have to click on edit and configure each time or will it automatically apply the most recent settings to it as long as I have added the neat video filter?

Thank you
Tracie
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, you have to go into each clip, edit and configure NV for each clip. Most recent settings are not automatically appied when you add NV to a new clip. You have to actuall configure (build a noise profile and optionally adjust the filter settings) NV for each new clip.

I guess there is no need to send the project then.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
bmwtaw

Post by bmwtaw »

OK, that is what I am doing .. I am going into each clip and configuring NV, but it is not working. I click on edit and it comes up for me to hit configure, I configure the first clip (or sometimes a couple of clips) then I go to do more and click on edit and the pop up for configure does not come up. Nothing happens or it throws me out of studio. I am saving the file as an avi to attach it to email. Is that how you want it?

thanks
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Here is what I do:

1) add clip1 to a new project;
2) add clip2 to the project, to the right of the clip1 in the timeline;
3) click inside clip1 to select clip1;
4) select a frame in clip1 (for consequent noise analysis in NV);
5) click the "Open/close video toolbox" button in Pinnacle Studio;
6) in the popup panel, in the Add Video Effect, select "Neat Video" and then select "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" in the right part of the panel and then click OK;
7) in the opened "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" panel, click "Edit Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" button;
8) in the opened "Neat Video Configuration" window, click the "Configure" button;
9) in the opened "Neat Video plug-in" windows, click the "Auto Profile" button to buld a new profile for this clip;
10) switch to the "Noise Filter Settings" tab and click "Apply";
11) in the "Neat Video Configuration" window, click "OK";
12) click the "Open/close video toolbox" button in Pinnacle Studio to close the video toolbox;

13) click inside clip2 to select clip2;
14) select a frame in clip2;
15) click the "Open/close video toolbox" button in Pinnacle Studio;
16) in the popup panel, in the Add Video Effect, select "Neat Video" and then select "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" in the right part of the panel and then click OK;
17) in the opened "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" panel, click "Edit Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" button;
18) in the opened "Neat Video Configuration" window, click the "Configure" button;
19) in the opened "Neat Video plug-in" windows, click the "Auto Profile" button to buld a new profile for this clip;
20) switch to the "Noise Filter Settings" tab and click "Apply";
21) in the "Neat Video Configuration" window, click "OK";
22) click the "Open/close video toolbox" button in Pinnacle Studio to close the video toolbox;

Now if I select different frames in clip1 or clip2, I can see the preview in Pinnacle Studio and this preview shows the effect of noise reduction. If I render the project, the resulting new clip shows two original clips with reduced noise.

Please try to repeat the above steps and then let me know if anything goes against the above description and in which step.

Thank you,
Vlad
bmwtaw

Post by bmwtaw »

I sent an email with your attn on it with the project as an AVI file.

thanks!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

A project is a set of files and one or more clips. I would need all of them, zipped into one archive.

Alternatively, please try the above scenario. I guess we will not need to send any projects if we use and discuss the same scenario.

Thanks,
Vlad
bmwtaw

Post by bmwtaw »

Alright.. let me try what you wrote first. Thank you.
bmwtaw

Post by bmwtaw »

Ok this is what happens. I have bolded where it goes wrong.

1) add clip1 to a new project;
2) add clip2 to the project, to the right of the clip1 in the timeline;
3) click inside clip1 to select clip1;
4) select a frame in clip1 (for consequent noise analysis in NV);
5) click the "Open/close video toolbox" button in Pinnacle Studio;
6) in the popup panel, in the Add Video Effect, select "Neat Video" and then select "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" in the right part of the panel and then click OK;
7) in the opened "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" panel, click "Edit Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" button;
8. in the opened "Neat Video Configuration" window, click the "Configure" button;
9) in the opened "Neat Video plug-in" windows, click the "Auto Profile" button to buld a new profile for this clip;
10) switch to the "Noise Filter Settings" tab and click "Apply";
11) in the "Neat Video Configuration" window, click "OK";
12) click the "Open/close video toolbox" button in Pinnacle Studio to close the video toolbox;

13) click inside clip2 to select clip2;
14) select a frame in clip2;
15) click the "Open/close video toolbox" button in Pinnacle Studio;
16) in the popup panel, in the Add Video Effect, select "Neat Video" and then select "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" in the right part of the panel and then click OK;
17) in the opened "Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" panel, click "Edit Neat Video Noise Reduction settings" button;
18. The Neat Video Configuration window does not pop up. Studio just flashes and kicks me out. OR a pop up comes up and says Abnormal program termination. I click on OK and then it kicks me out of Studio.

Also when I go to step 10 (on the first clip) and switch to the "Noise Filter Settings" tab - I load a filter preset that I have saved and then click "Apply". I've used neat video in the past this way and also neat image on photographs and have never had a problem with loading presets I've saved. I even tried saving a new preset and it still does it. Not sure if this is related at all but thought it would be worth mentioning. Thank you!
Tracie
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

If you think that loading a filter preset from disk is somehow related to the issue, please try to repeat the above scenario and skip loading any preset (just like I did) and rely on the default settings, to see if this affects the outcome.

Also, since the problem may be related to specific clip, please try to add the same clip1 twice in the timeline: clip1+clip1 instead of clip1+clip2. If the problem is in the clip2 then clip1+clip1 should work fine.

If you do any other changes or adjustments besides those specified in the scenario please specify them too.

Thank you,
Vlad
bmwtaw

Post by bmwtaw »

I went back into a clip that I had de-noise on (b/c I wanted to see my settings) and when I went into edit / configure, the settings were not there so I left it at default, then hit apply and it gave me this error:

An exception (C0000005) occurred during DllEntryPoint or DiiMain
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio10\Plugins\RTFX\Neat Video for Pinnacle Studio\NeatVideoPN.dll

18. The Neat Video Configuration window does not pop up. Studio just flashes and nothing happens. This time it did not give me an error or kick me out. It just flashes and does not bring up the "Neat Video Configuration" window.

Also I tried clip1+clip1
It does the same thing that I've listed above - does not work

Even if I open up a different project it does not work. But after having this happen it will not work even with "clip 1". It only works if I close out of studio completely, get back into studio and then it works on "clip 1" again and not clips 2, 3, 4 etc.

Please advise. If you need me to send you the files.. I can zip them, but not sure which ones you would need? I'm assuming the original recorded file and the studio file? I've never e-mailed one of these files before.. sorry.

thanks!
Tracie

Edit: What time are you guys there until for help on the forums?
Thanks.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for checking and describing the results.

Please try one more thing:
1) download this file: http://www.neatvideo.com/files/testkit.zip
2) unzip it to extract SampleClip.mpg (test clip);
3) create a new test project in Studio and add SampleClip.mpg twice as clip1 + clip1;
4) try to add NV to each clip using the above procedure;

If it crashes at any point, please fill out the bug report form to let me know more details about your computer and software setup. In the description field, please add a note about the exact version number of Pinnacle Studio (there may be some updates, it may be not just 11.0). Also, please add some comments about the history of this issue. I believe you started using NV more than a year ago, so this problem must be starting somewhere recently I guess. Please try to recall when that initially happened, after what changes, what is different now. Any updates to Pinnacle Studio? To Windows? To any drivers?

If the problem is reproducable with the clip from the testkit above, then there is no need to send your own clips, since I can simply use the same clip from the testkit that I already have. However, it may still be useful to get the actual crash reports from your computer. I will contact you by e-mail about that, after receiving the bug report.

We are in different time zones, so some delays are possible. In any case, I suggest to continue communicating by e-mail (support at neatvideo.com).

Thank you,
Vlad