profiling 'auto iso' of canon 5d markII

general questions about Neat Video
terranaut

profiling 'auto iso' of canon 5d markII

Post by terranaut »

hello, im wondering, if the new 5d markII has an auto iso which jumps around from 100 to 3200, then if i profile a video, isnt the noise profiling useless with any video which doesnt lock an ISO number down, and possibly even make a video worse?
im wondering what the solution is for videos having auto ISO. and if the ISO is locked down, then is that the only requisite for a proper profile, meaning if the aperture and framerate jump around, thats ok?
thanks
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Adaptive Filtration option in NV should help to some degree. However, if the same clip has areas shot with different ISO rates then it makes sense to build several profiles for such different areas and use them in the corresponding areas. Depending on your video editing application, this can be done using for example, key frames or splitting the clip into scenes.

In any case, Adaptive Filtration option will be useful.

Vlad
terranaut

Post by terranaut »

ok, with the canon 5d markII it raises/lowers ISO on a second by second basis so it would be close to impossible to divide it up, i guess for anyone who has this camera, the best thing to do is to lock down the ISO as best possible...thanks for the answer, this will be tricky in the future as camera makers have this whole auto-iso thing going on where it changes a multitude of times per minute. perhaps someday neatimage can somehow read the iso of each frame and adjust accordingly, but i doubt canons files saves such data (you can only see the changes during the actual recording only)
thanks for responding so quickly, enjoy the new year
gg
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

You may still want to try using Adaptive Filtration option, which can help.

Thank you,
Vlad