Demo Limitation Questions

general questions about Neat Video
symphy

Demo Limitation Questions

Post by symphy »

I'm testing out the demo version in Premiere and have two questions.

1) When/where does the "30 minute" limitation come in? 30 minutes total use from install to failure? Or one 30 minute clip at a time? Or 30 total minutes in a single project? I don't want to waste time if it's cumulative.

2) The demo version is able to do "up to 640x480 pixels". But I don't quite follow here. My videos are interlaced 720x480 NTSC DV files, so when I click setup, Neat Video renders them as 720x240 files (single frame). As far as I can tell, Neat Video seems to be rendering the full pixel count -- is this because 720x240 is less TOTAL pixels than 640x480, and therefore I don't fit the limit?

Super impressive software so far, btw!
NVTeam

Re: Demo Limitation Questions

Post by NVTeam »

symphy wrote:I'm testing out the demo version in Premiere and have two questions.

1) When/where does the "30 minute" limitation come in? 30 minutes total use from install to failure? Or one 30 minute clip at a time? Or 30 total minutes in a single project? I don't want to waste time if it's cumulative.
No, it is not cumulative.
symphy wrote:2) The demo version is able to do "up to 640x480 pixels". But I don't quite follow here. My videos are interlaced 720x480 NTSC DV files, so when I click setup, Neat Video renders them as 720x240 files (single frame).
If you test NV in Premiere CS4 then the remark about single frame is incorrect, because of apparent bug in Premiere CS4. The correct remark there should be "one field". Previous versions of Premiere worked correctly.

You do hit the limit because 720 is larger than 640, so some pixels will remain unprocessed.

Vlad