Neat Video 4.5 makes noise profiling more accurate and helps users to obtain optimum filtration results. This free update (for Neat Video 4 license-holders) offers new and improved noise profiling tools and functionality, as well as enhanced, simplified filter-tuning. It also provides more hardware compatibility for AMD GPUs and adds support for new video-editing applications.
More accurate profiling, with enhanced tools
Version 4.5 offers new tools and functions that help you to create more accurate noise profiles.
A new Profile Assist viewer mode offers a visually enhanced view of the noise within the frame, which helps to quickly identify the area with the strongest noise and the least amount of details.
Version 4.5 allows you to select larger areas for profiling, when available.
Using larger areas makes the profiling of lower frequency noise more accurate. This is particularly useful for large frame formats such as 4K.
- Furthermore, the update improves the processing of Very Low and Ultra Low frequencies when using small areas for profiling — increasing accuracy in these ranges.
New features for quick pinpointing of the best filter settings
Neat Video 4.5 has also simplified the process of tuning the noise filters and provided enhanced visual preview tools to achieve the optimum results.
A new Preview Assist viewer mode.
This mode presents a specially enhanced preview emphasizing weak details. Helping you fine-tune the filter settings in such a way as to preserve such details while still reducing the noise.
A new Noise Level Tuning Assist tool.
This tool allows to tweak the Temporal Noise Level using a visually enhanced preview to achieve better results.
A new Slow Shutter Tuning Assist tool.
For clips with repeated frames (or repeated noise), this new assist tool helps you to find the right settings of the Slow Shutter mode using a specially enhanced preview.
A new Spatial Filter Tuning Assist tool.
Neat Video 4.5 also includes the Spatial Filter Tuning Assist tool that helps to adjust the Spatial Filter settings using a visually enhanced preview.
It is now possible to separately assign the Quality Mode for the temporal filter and spatial filter.
This may reduce processing time with minimal effect on quality in some circumstances.
- In cases when no frame is initially selected, the plug-in will now automatically select a suitable frame from the beginning of the clip. This helps avoid accidental inaccurate noise profile analysis and gives you one less thing to think about.
Improved compatibility and hardware support
Neat Video 4.5 offers improved hardware support for AMD GPUs.
Please refer to the the full history of changes (links below) for more information.
For OpenFX users, this update adds support for:
- FXHOME HitFilm Pro 2017 / 4 (Windows and Mac)
- Quantel Rio 4 (Windows)
- DustBuster+ 9 (Windows)
Neat Video plug-in for Magix adds support for:
- Magix Movie Edit Pro 2017
- Magix Video Deluxe 2017
- Version 4.5 now supports VirtualDub FilterMod.
Lastly, this release:
- includes multiple improvements in the GUI,
- improves support for Unicode symbols,
- fixes several minor bugs.